Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pancake Day

Apparently, today was Pancake Day.  Now, back in the States, I've heard it called Fat Tuesday, and even have heard Shrove Tuesday... but I have never heard the day before Lent begins called "Pancake Day."  (It has something to do with eating all of the ingredients you are supposed to give up for Lent.  See wikipedia.)

Anyway, that's what they call it here and, fortunately, I happened to have some pancake mix on hand.  (By the way, we're not talking about Saturday morning flapjacks...  Pancakes here are more like crepes.)  So, we had pancakes for dessert tonight, with a little Nutella.  Good thing, too, because I think I'm going to give up chocolate for Lent...

P.S.  They actually sell two kinds of Bisquick here.  They have this and they have one for "American-style pancakes."  I bought this one by mistake when we first arrived, but it's a good thing I had it on hand for Pancake Day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment