Monday, June 11, 2012

The Post Office

 
The local Post Offices are a little different around here.  They are more like small convenience stores - with a counter at the back where you can send mail.  I love our Post Office (and the couple of stores right next door to it - a butcher and another small grocery store).  Apparently, it is "award winning."  Today, with the kids back in school and the rain coming down, I was finishing up my "making our house a home" projects and needed green thread to hem my diningroom curtains.  So, I threw on my wellies and walked over to the Post Office.  And, there it was... the exact shade of green thread that I needed.  I was just telling John last night... the location of our house - in this quiet village, with lovely neighbors, a big backyard, a little green right on our cul-de-sac and small pubs & shops - is one of my favorite things about living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment