Sunday, June 10, 2012

Making Our House a Home

It's hard to believe, but we are coming up on six months here in the UK.  The plan is to only be here 2-3 years, which means time is flying!  So, by July 3, it is my goal to be done "settling in" here at the house.  I've painted my kitchen wall (yea!), have all of the furniture that we need (and finished painting the corner unit I got on freecycle - see the photo below!), and am about done with the decorating.  Still left to go on the list...

- Find curtains for our kitchen.  (Our kitchen IS our pantry, with all of our dry goods out on shelves for the world to see... need to get a curtain rod and some curtains.)
- Replace curtains in the diningroom.  (These are already purchased... I just need to hem & iron them and get them up!)  
- Replace curtains in Ryan's room.  (You'd think I'd have this done by now, but finding something simple and navy blue - trying to keep it dark as possible - has been easier said than done!)
- Hang/display photos.  We have just one box still sitting in our conservatory to be unpacked.  It's mostly photos and I just need to walk around the house with hammer and nails!  

Corner Unit in Our Diningroom - Before & After

Kitchen Wall - Before

Kitchen Wall - After

No comments:

Post a Comment