Monday, March 5, 2012

Creative Storage Solutions

If I hadn't already mentioned it, storage is tight around here.  We have a lovely house, with plenty of space... just not a lot of storage.  No built-in closets for starters.  (We've already assembled more wardrobes and dressers from IKEA than I care to mention.)  So, we've had to be creative.   Here are some of our storage solutions....

The master bath has no medicine chest (in fact, only one of the four bathrooms does), no shelves and no cupboards.  In addition, the walls are entirely tile, so there is no place to hang shelves (or hooks, for that matter).  Our solution... a ledge lined with baskets.

Doesn't every girl keep her scarves & gloves in her nightstand?

A little extra space behind the guest room door?  Perfect spot for drawers full of bathroom supplies, children's meds, etc.  (Remember, no medicine chests.)

My purses live in a box under my bed.
 
I got this last weekend and it tucks neatly into the corner of our dining room.  It's going to be a little project for me...
I'm hoping it will look more like this when I'm done with it!

2 comments:

  1. your scarves remind me of when we were in the LITTLE El Segundo apt and my clothes were in the bathroom drawers! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the memories of living in England!!! I remember us buying the exact same wardrobes from IKEA because there were no closets in our house there either. It's an organizers nightmare! But, way to get creative..I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete