Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cape Verde

As I type this, I am sitting at the beach bar at Melia Tortuga Beach Resort sipping a tequila sunrise while the kids play in the sand.  So, obviously, there have been some really great things about this getaway...  ;)

For starters, our room is amazing.  We had booked a two bedroom/two bath room but, upon arrival, were upgraded to a three bedroom/three bath villa!  Awesome.... a two-story, stand-alone villa with an extra downstairs bedroom/playroom for the kids... which means a quiet place for them to play in the mornings.  Love it.

Lane and Ryan can't wait to go to the Kids Club every day.  While John and I feel like we've been to places that have a better kids program (e.g. an evening program which allows the parents to go to dinner solo), the kids have enjoyed the wii, face-painting and meeting other kids.  As I type, Ryan is playing spies with a buddy he made and Lane is playing in the sand with another friend sipping a slushie.

Unfortunately, what we have NOT found here is much sun.  :(  It has been mostly cloudy and very, very windy.  We got into the pool on the first day, but haven't been back in since.  (It's just too cold!)  While I'm enjoying the temps in the 70's, I'm a little disappointed to be sitting at the bar in yoga pants instead of shorts.

Keeping focus on the positives... John and I both feel like we have been able to unplug this week.  (Although I'm on the iPad, there is no wifi, so I'm just using Notes to jot down my thoughts.)  We've read a lot, slept a lot and eaten a lot.   (Okay... eaten too much.)  We had fun walking on the beach with kids, playing boules and watching the Olympics. We had an, um, interesting, trip into town (Santa Maria).  And, let's face it...  it's warmer than England!

Cape Verde

Kids Club

The thriving town of Santa Maria...

WINDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment