Saturday, January 12, 2013

One Year

I love the start of a new year. After Christmas is packed away, I love cleaning up and clearing out, getting a fresh start and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Today was the day that we readied our house for 2013. We threw out broken bits of toys and made a little pile of things to pass on to others.  We tidied the playroom and cleared out the last stray holiday decorations.  And then, after I ran to the local shops (and was once again happy to discover that they had all the random things I needed - including aluminum pans and freshly baked bread), we enjoyed another walking adventure in Holyport.

We have been in England for just over one year now.  I gave myself a six month window to get "settled in" here, so I didn't think there would be more to do at this point. But it was fun today to hang a few new things (like this piece that John gave me for Christmas) and rearrange some old things in what has become our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment